- RSS Channel Showcase 9440868
- RSS Channel Showcase 6624120
- RSS Channel Showcase 2153310
- RSS Channel Showcase 2386750
Articles on this Page
- 02/22/16--11:51: _A Voice They Can Tr...
- 06/02/16--05:00: _Does Learning Have ...
- 02/15/17--05:10: _A Homeschooling Ben...
- 05/17/17--03:06: _I Came Back to Sonl...
- 12/22/17--03:36: _4 Reasons You Will ...
- 07/25/18--04:15: _A Thoughtful Exposé...
- 08/22/18--04:24: _Letting Kids Learn ...
- 11/09/18--05:50: _Back to the Basics–...
- 02/22/16--11:51: A Voice They Can Trust (5 Gifts You Can Give Your Children Part 4)
- 06/02/16--05:00: Does Learning Have to Be Painful?
- 02/15/17--05:10: A Homeschooling Benefit: You are the One to Socialize Your Children!
- 05/17/17--03:06: I Came Back to Sonlight Because I Love My Freedom
- 12/22/17--03:36: 4 Reasons You Will Never Regret Homeschooling
- 07/25/18--04:15: A Thoughtful Exposé of the "What About Socialization?" Question
- 08/22/18--04:24: Letting Kids Learn Their Way: Even with Loud Music or Upside Down
- 11/09/18--05:50: Back to the Basics–An Alphabetical Guide to Homeschooling
As a homeschool grad, people ask me all the time if I'm glad I was homeschooled. Though I've given a wide variety of reasons I'm thankful I was, I have a new favorite answer after reading Kate's powerful post. I … Continue reading
Some educators seem to suggest: “Learning is painful. Get used to it.” They expect kids to learn to grit their teeth and persevere. And yes, education may be hard. Perseverance is a valuable skill. But should that be our starting … Continue reading
When parents mention they are thinking about homeschooling, the most common question they hear is “But what about socialization?” I think this question means, “How will your children know how to act around others, if they only interact with your … Continue reading
The post A Homeschooling Benefit: You are the One to Socialize Your Children! appeared first on Sonlight Homeschooling Blog.
As we approached the end of our homeschool year, I did what all homeschooling moms do—I considered which curriculum to select for the next school year. In my household the end of the school year is a time of reflection to evaluate what is … Continue reading
Dear homeschool mom, you will never regret homeschooling your child. I don't know the reasons why you chose to homeschool your child, but I imagine they aren't too far from mine. At the core, I want more for my children. … Continue reading
I’m a second-generation homeschooler, so I’ve heard questions people ask homeschoolers for as long as I can remember. Curiosity comes in waves, and some of the most commonly asked topics tend to evolve over the years. A few questions, though, … Continue reading
The post A Thoughtful Exposé of the "What About Socialization?" Question appeared first on Sonlight Homeschooling Blog.
Several years ago, my son asked if he could listen to music while he did his math. He didn’t want soothing background to muffle other noises or even some upbeat classical tunes to keep him energized—either of which would have … Continue reading
The post Letting Kids Learn Their Way: Even with Loud Music or Upside Down appeared first on Sonlight Homeschooling Blog.
Whether you’re just starting off on this journey of homeschooling and need a little guidance or have been at it a while and need a pep talk, sometimes it’s good to review the basics. What better way for a homeschooler … Continue reading
The post Back to the Basics–An Alphabetical Guide to Homeschooling appeared first on Sonlight Homeschooling Blog.